Sunday, March 14, 2021

Ginger - #9 (last episode)

 Ginger 


Episode #9


Year 2012


Life teaches us many things. Toughest lesson is the one where we learn to part with loved ones and keep living in their memories. Readers can imagine that after 7 years of giving Ginger away, if I’m able to recall so many episodes of him, how much I must be missing him!


We decided to leave Gingu with the police dog trainer. I didn’t want to be home when he was taken. I didn’t want to go to see him off. Jayan and Abhi put him in the car and drove him down. Abhi broke down seeing his innocent face while taking him. Ginger had no idea where he was being taken. He was apparently enjoying the fresh whiff of air during the drive. 


After they dropped him and engaged in small talk with the trainer, Abhi was still caressing Gingu, who was so excited to be in such an open space. He was running around merrily!


Pannu and I cried out so much sitting at home. It impacted all of us. His toys, his chain, his plates, the carpets he tore, the doormats he chewed, the plants he trampled upon...every damn thing brought tears to our eyes!


To this date, I live with guilt. So much that we went and brought him back after 2 months. Surprisingly, the brat had not changed a bit. If anything at all, he had become worse. So, this time, we gave him to a good family which loved him unconditionally and had some knowledge on raising dogs. 


Apparently, that family also could not manage him. Not sure to who they gave away Ginger!


I don’t know where my Ginger is now! Guilt and memories do haunt. If any of you come across Ginger, please return him back to us. Will I be blessed to have this wonderful beast back again in my life?!

No comments: