Sunday, March 14, 2021

Ginger - #1

 Ginger


Episode #1


This could well be a book and I would title it, “GD நாய் வளர்த்த கதை!” (The story of GD raising a dog). 


To too many people I would have narrated how much I dreaded dogs. I have written blogs where I have described some “dog-chasing-me” episodes. My relationship with dogs have always been mutual. I was scared of them (and they of me!). The latter was always Jayan’s version, though!


Jayan always gave me the impression that he is adept at handling dogs. Albeit, in one of the episodes he locked himself out when he saw a ferocious dog chase me. Since he kept saying that he loves to have a pet dog, I thought I would surprise him for one of our wedding anniversaries. 


My dear friend Aarthi helped me identify the right fawn coloured lab, a 35 day old pup! On the eve of our anniversary, we went out for dinner. I had requested Aarthi to get the pup there. She so sincerely did a splendid job of putting the bundle in a basket and waited at the restaurant. At the appointed hour, we pretended that it was a chance meeting and she handed over the basket to me. In a very dramatic style, I “gifted” the lab to Jayan! He was very excited. It is also Abhinay’s birthday on the same day. So I said to both of them that they could share this bundle. Least did I imagine how I will be burdened! At that moment though, Abhi was on cloud 9 and visibly happy!


On our way back home, we started listing possible names. And Pannu liked Ginger best. He said the fawn colour resembles ginger colour, so that is the apt name. Thus came the little Ginger into our otherwise mundane lives!


That night itself I had an indication of what was coming up in the next few days!


Story continues...


No comments: