Sunday, March 14, 2021

Ginger - #7

 Ginger


Episode #7


The only way Ginger knew to show his affection was by pouncing on the person with all his might. So much so that when we were away on a vacation, we had to leave him with Jayan’s sister Valsu, who was recovering from a surgery. Her health condition worsened when we had returned from vacation. Ginger had made her weak by making her run after him and his antics. 


He pounced so heavily on me once that I had a muscle spasm on my neck and had to undergo physio. 


In the entire universe, I would be the only owner of a dog who would fear her own dog. I would stand outside of our gate whenever I return from work or an outing, shout out to Abhi, ask him to chain or hold Ginger back for me to enter my own house without any encounters by Ginger. Had no stamina left to go for physio again!


On this particular day, I was working from home. Ginger was chained outside. Suddenly I heard a lot of rattle outside. When I went out to check, to my shock, realized Ginger had relieved himself from the chain by constantly tugging it and had run outside the house. Immediately, I took a stick that we used to discipline him(!) and without even realising I was in my PJs started running behind him on the roads. 


When he saw me approach him, he ran faster. It was a sight worth watching. Me running behind him and he running faster into the streets. He scared a few people on the road. I was scared like hell. Finally caught him by the balance chain that was around his collar. That moment, he started dragging me!!! Need I even mention how tough the tug of war was?! Somehow (just didn’t fall at his feet in the middle of the road) got him back home and struggled to chain him back. 


This was the limit! I cried to myself. That evening we decided...

No comments: