Sunday, April 22, 2018

Velaikaran

What I was two-minded to watch, I ended up watching thanks to my extended family. Originally I thought it’s ok if the movie is preachy (as stated in many a review), the fun is in watching it with near and dear. But guess what? I ended up liking the movie.

Yes. #Velaikaran. I see a trend here in making of a mass hero.

Simply put, the film educates the masses on ills of consumerism. Dialogues are quite powerful and hard hitting. There are unwanted sequences. And overdone characters.

#Sivakarthikeyan - good dialogue delivery. Good acting in most parts. Does not have any scope for romance with #Nayanthara. Even the couple of scenes where romance is supposed to happen, it’s kind of matter-of-fact. No chemistry and no time to build chemistry.

Expected something more meatier for Nayan. Rohini had more screen space than Nayan. Charlie, Prakash Raj and whole host of great performers are in the cast each doing justice to their roles.

But the highlight of the movie is #FahadhFaasil. I’m as such a huge fan of him. One of the main reasons I wanted to watch this film. If at all I advice people to watch this movie it would be just for him. No actor can match the gleam and greed he displays with his eyes. Watch to believe!

Mohan Raja bets on his villains more than the heroes, I guess. Great bets! Good entertainer!!

No comments: