Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Who scared who?

This incident happened some 15 years back. I was in my college final semester. We were deputed for training in New Delhi for 6 months. My friends had taken up the out-house of an independent house on rent. Now in this house, they raised a ferocious dog for a pet! It always used to be tied up. But even then, as I enter the gate, the horrible, fearsome barking sound of this dog used to send chills down my spine.
On this particular Sunday, after lunch, we 3 friends went back home. First, one of our friends, walked in opening the gate. I followed him with the confidence that the dog should be tied up as usual. Suddenly, I heard the barking sound and the pouncing beast almost on me! One can imagine my plight! I took to my heels shouting "someone....help me!!!"....it was a scream...a real, loud one...my whole body was shaking terribly in fear....I ran up to the friend who was walking in front of me, held him, shook him, turned him around and tried to hide behind him. I was screaming all through and shivering!! I had seen death in close circles…
For a moment, the dog stopped, stared at me strangely! May be it had never got this kind of a response ever in its life. It stood frozen there for a while. Then, as though nothing had happened, it just shook itself and walked back to its place!
It took at least a few minutes before I could calm down. Readers wondering what happened to the 3rd friend who was behind me? Well, he saw the dog, he saw me, he immediately closed himself outside the gate!
BTW, I am married this hero now! :-) May be that day he thought, "If she could scare such a ferocious dog away, then what should I fear in life, if I am married to her?"

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

GD,

I really enjoyed this funny post, I never heard this story from you before.

Rams

GD said...

Rams,

First of all, thanks for looking out for my blog posts.

Not only this episode, Rams. But there are at least a few hundred which I would not have shared with all I know. Wait for my stage-related fun episodes...

GD

Santhosh Anand said...

I thought it would be a action movie.. The climax turned out to be so romantic... :)

Anonymous said...

GD,

Did you ever give your husband a chance to read this article?

Mithun

GD said...

Santhosh - yes! It was no action movie! It was sheer romance!! :-)

Mithun - how will any hero not know how he became the hero?!

Ramya said...

Hey GD,
This one is really funny! I feel really sorry for the dog ;)

Ramya